Sunday, April 5, 2009

Posse Stew

So after we had our cinnabons, I made dinner. :)
It was a day of trying new recipes from my friends and may I say each were a HIT?!

This Posse Stew is from my sweet twin friend Renee.

Here are her exact instructions. Pretty complicated, lol!!

Rachel it is so very very easy. You brown 1 pound of groud beef ( I use ground turkey) 1 can of Ranch style beans, 1 can of corn, 1 can of diced green chilis, 1 can of diced tomotoes. Pour all of the ingredients (juices and all from the cans, don't drain the juices) in with the ground beef and cook on stovetop for about 30 min to 45 min. I also have put this in the crock pot after browning the meat. It is so yummy on a cold day. I hope you enjoy. I double the recipe for my family and we sometimes will have left overs, but not always. I also have a teenage son who eats us out of house and home. Serve with cornbread.

As you can see, it's one of those EASY meals... CHEAP meals... QUICK meals... perfect for me and my family. Ranch style beans?? I'd never heard of them, but there they were on the shelf in the beans aisle at Winco. I also doubled this.

Sorry I don't have pics. Didn't work out, but it looks alot like my Taco Soup. We also served it with cheddar cheese on top.

No comments: