Sunday, January 25, 2009

Homemade Chicken Noodle soup...

So this was an AWESOME crock pot soup! I just kind of threw in what I had in the house and it turned out GREAT!
1 - 4 or 5lb whole chicken (boiled and deboned)
3/4 to 1lb baby carrots (cut in thirds)
2 - cans cream of celery soup
2.5 - cans of water
1 - 14 oz can chicken broth
1 - bunch green onions
9 oz egg noodles of your choice (I used fettuccine egg noodles and broke them into thirds)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Boil the whole chicken ahead of time. I did it the night before while I was preparing dinner. Drain the chicken and let it set for about 10 mins to cool. Debone the chicken and store until the next day.
In your crock pot add the chicken broth, cream of celery soup. Use one of the cream of celery soup cans and add two and a half to three cans of water. Stir until broth, water and celery soup are combined. Chop green onions and cut carrots, add those to liquid. Take chicken out of fridge and use your hands to break apart into smaller pieces into the crock pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
Set your crock pot to the time you need. The chicken is already cooked so you only need to make sure that the carrots are done. I started mine at 11am and wanted to eat by 6pm, so I set mine for 6 hours. About 30 mins before you want to eat, add the noodles in. Stir occasionally. Serve with rolls or crackers.
I wish I would have taken a picture, because it was REALLY good! Hope you all enjoy!

No comments: