Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Asian Spinach Salad

Toss together:
1 small bag of spinach
8 oz. bowtie pasta (cook, strain, cool)
2-4 Tbsp. Sesame seeds
1/2 C. Sunflower seeds
1 can sliced water chestnuts
3 chicken breasts - season heavily with lemon pepper, grill and cut into bite size pieces
(I didn’t have lemon pepper, so I cooked the chicken on the stove top with olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, S&P and that worked nicely as well)
1 C. bean sprouts
(I also added green bell pepper and green onion b/c I had them and they were yummy)
Dressing:
1/2 C. Canola oil
1/2 C. sugar
1tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp Seasoned Rice vinegar (unseasoned works too)
1/2 tsp sesame SEED oil
1 tsp grated fresh garlic
store in fridge. Return to room temp before combined.

I got this recipe from thisweekfor dinner.com. All of the parentheses notes are from the website. I didn't add green pepper or the green onion. I also did not have sesame SEED oil. I did have the lemon pepper. This recipe was DELICIOUS! I will definitely make it again. My husband really liked it too, and he can be kind of picky sometimes. This is best the day it is made because the dressing, if left on the salad, seems to kind of loose its flavor the next day.

No comments: